We’ve spent a lot of time cultivating a deliberate culture at WorthPointe — going through several iterations to get to where we are today. All the effort we put into the process was well worth it, as we truly believe we discovered the secret sauce that makes our firm a place where advisors can be successful on three fronts: financially, professionally and personally.
In a nutshell, the WorthPointe culture revolves around two things: treating advisors like adults and ensuring their time is being put to its highest and best use. Here’s how we do that:
- Offering ultimate flexibility. Need to spend Thursday mornings at your kid’s school? No one will give you grief. We believe strongly in ensuring advisors have a healthy work/life balance — and trust them to put their noses to the grindstone when it’s required.
- Providing equity. All our advisors are partners in the firm, so they have skin in the game. They’re growing for themselves — building their own networks and book of business — as well as for the firm.
- Centralizing back office functions. We know what it takes to become a CFP® and why advisors do it — and it’s not to spend time on things like compliance, bookkeeping, billing, trading, HR, and other “really exciting” operations activities. Our centralized team deals with those important tasks, freeing up our advisors to focus on client-facing activities and growth.
There are additional nuances to our culture, but this is the basic structure — created to ensure our advisors have all the tools and resources they need to succeed, and plenty of room to grow. If this culture sounds intriguing to you, visit this link to learn more about joining the WorthPointe team.
Other articles filed under Your Financial Advisor
November 13, 2019 - We’ve spent a lot of time cultivating a deliberate culture at WorthPointe — going through several iterations to get to where we are today. All the effort we put into the process was well worth it, as we truly believe...
October 29, 2019 - How do you know if you need a lawyer? If you needed a lawyer tomorrow, would you know who to call? What do lawyers mean for your financial future? In this episode of “The John Chapman Show,” Brooks DePyster, a...
October 8, 2019 - Many people put their noses to the grindstone for years and years, working hard, saving, and investing with the goal of ultimately having $1 million. While that might seem like a perfectly admirable goal, to me it seems a bit...
September 30, 2019 - Should I get my MBA? Is it a good idea to take a job at a startup? What are the career growth benefits of working for a large company? As a young, ambitious professional, your possibilities can seem endless. In...
September 24, 2019 - John Chapman, financial advisor and WorthPointe partner, interviewed our founder Christopher Van Slyke on his podcast, “The John Chapman Show.” This episode highlights the wealth management journey of high-earning millennials and their mentors. [playlist ids="6008"] In this interview, John discusses...
- Inverted Yield Curve: This Mystery Is History
- Planning for Growth in the Early Stages of Your Career