With the 2020 election just around the corner, many people may be wondering how the stock market might react and if they should be reviewing their investments leading up to November 3. Understanding that, WorthPointe advisor John Chapman dedicated a recent podcast to this topic—and his interview of WorthPointe CEO Christopher Van Slyke provides some helpful perspective on how to be invested in what feels like a volatile market.
During the episode, Christopher and John talk about:
- How the stock market factors in the information from the news cycle
- How much of the market performance is affected by the outcome of the presidential race
- What history tells us about how the market has performed for various presidents and their parties, even though past-performance is no guarantee of future performance
Other articles filed under LA/OC CFP Team Posts
April 7, 2021 - If your parents are over age 75, it might be time for you to provide some assistance to them. Yes, this is tough. Nothing in life has properly prepared you to address the issue of what kind of help you...
March 29, 2021 - A recent episode of The John Chapman Show featured a conversation with fellow WorthPointe advisor Matt Addington, CFP® about backdoor Roth conversions — a follow up to a previous episode where the pair talked about Roth conversions in general. During...
March 15, 2021 - WorthPointe advisor John Chapman talked with Senior Care Authority founder Frank Samson about finding the best option for senior housing and care on the latest episode of The John Chapman Show. In addition to stressing the importance of being educated...
February 18, 2021 - No one likes to talk about their own death, so estate planning is something often put off—or not done at all—with unfortunate consequences. WorthPointe advisor John Chapman talks with estate planning attorney Darlynn Morgan about why it’s so important to...
November 2, 2020 - With the 2020 election just around the corner, many people may be wondering how the stock market might react and if they should be reviewing their investments leading up to November 3. Understanding that, WorthPointe advisor John Chapman dedicated a...
- Independent Advisors: Do You Have Freedom Or Are You Drowning?
- Financial Advisor Magazine’s 2020 RIA Ranking Has WorthPointe at #416 of 715 firms